Monday, February 13, 2012

Things I miss about London living in New York :(

As I have said, I have been very lucky to have the experience to live in the two capitals of the world. Thank God, I am loving this new challenge and life in New York. Nevertheless, after 8 years in London, there are things I do miss about this amazing city. And I am sure, when we eventually leave New York, I will have a list with things I will miss here :). The thing I definitely do not miss is the English weather lol

  • Family and friends are on top of my list :):) Mainly my beloved sister who lives in London.
  • The markets such as Brick Lane, Portobello, Covent Garden, Borough, Spitafields and Camden Town.
  • The high street shops, the British quirkiness, sense of humour and low key behaviour! 
  • The fact most museums are free. Here in NYC you have to pay a fortune to get in :( Apparently you can go to MoMa on Fridays for free between 4pm and 8pm though.
  • It is so easy and cheap to travel everywhere from London. in 2 hours you are in the centre of Paris or Spain. In 4 hours in Turkey or Greece :)
  • Sunday Roasts
  • The amount of different parks and palaces around London
  • I miss Wimbledon!!! When I met my husband he already lived there and we lived there together for the last 4 years :)
  • The prices for everything. I am finding NYC quite expensive apart from transport comparing to London
  • The architecture - London is just so beautiful!!!! The architecture matches if it makes any sense lol
  • I still think London has a more international feeling than NYC. It seems more cosmopolitan than New York to me.
  • Mind the Gap! The tube is so clean and luxurious comparing to the one here lol On the other hand, just works till 12/1am whereas the one in New York is 24 hours.
  • The Stylist Magazine (given away for free every Tuesday! lol       
  • Chocolate weetabix - can I find it in New York??? Help please!!!!
  • M&S goodies
  • The banking system 
  • The Boris bikes :)   
  • The red double decker buses
  • The pubs!!!!! 
  • How cheaper it is to go to the theater in London. Broadway shows are so expensive!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment