Wednesday, February 15, 2012

NYC - Burger lovers paradise!!!

OMG!!!!!! I will have to watch my waistline in this city. Food portions are so huge and the options to be naughty are far too many. I thought I had put on a few kilograms since we arrived in November. After 2 months and a half without facing a scale, I decided to weight myself...Surprisingly, I have lost 2 kilograms since we have moved to New York and my husband has lost 3!!!!! Do not ask me how it happened lol All I know is that I am very happy and much more motivated to go to the gym everyday. The gym is my therapy and only New Yorker friend at the moment as I am not working :( If I am already going insane home waiting for my EAD (Employment Authorization Document), God knows how much worse I would be feeling if it wasn't for the gym. I just need to hop on the lift and I am there. So good to have a gym in my building. No excuses for blowing it out!!!! 
When my sister was here for 2 weeks, we decided to rate different burger places in town. Very, very naughty!!!!! I would be regretting it dearly if the scales had told me otherwise. However, I feel like sharing with you what I have learned about burgers in New York so far. On the week my sister arrived Time Out had an article about the best $4 burger (Five cool food chains arrive in NYC - January 26-February 1, 2012). That was our starting point and I am sure will be my compass. Slowly I will tick all the options off this list. So far, my burger ranking is:

  1. Burger joint @ Le Parker Meridien (119 West 56th Street, New York, NY, 10019). The place is so cozy and it is hidden inside this fancy hotel. We got lost 2 times inside the hotel before we could find it. So far it was my favorite!!! The chocolate milkshake was delicious as well. The burger was the right size and sort of crispy. Bear in mind, they do not accept cards. It is cash only. You are going to pay roughly 10 dollars for a Burger and a soda. Yummy!!!!!
  2. Steak'n Shake (1695 Broadway New York City, NY 10019). We had to queue up for 15 minutes to get inside the place. But boy, it was worthy it!!!! It is very fair priced. For 2 burgers, 2 sodas and 2 French fries we paid around 14 dollars. Very, very good!!!! 
  3. Shake Shack. We have been to the one close to Broadway (691 8th Avenue New York, NY). I was very looking forward to find out what all the hype about this place is about. I must confess it disappointed me....The fries were beautiful but the burgers left much to the imagination. They were greasy...For some reason they reminded me of McDonalds. The prices are very high for what they offer. For 2 burgers, 2 sodas and 2 fries with cheese we spent roughly 22 dollars. In my opinion it was the worst out of the 3 we have been. 
I know this list will get longer and longer...Gym here I go!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment