Friday, March 30, 2012

Job Hunting in NYC - Fingers crossed!!!!!

Since I have received my beloved EAD I have been job hunting like a headless chicken! I am literally all over the place! Can't wait to find a job and finally start a real life in New York. It has been nearly 2 weeks and so far nothing very exciting has come my way :( Hope it will change very soon...Fingers crossed people!!!

I am aware the current economic situation is not great, but we can't give up, can we ;-)? I am cold calling, networking and also having crazy business ideas to do something on my own as a Plan B. The fact I am competing with people who have experience in the US makes a massive difference too. So far I am using sites such as Career Builder, Monster and Craigslist. If someone else has any other suggestions I would be delighted to hear from you :)

In London I was working as a Recruitment Consultant for the last 2 years. Ironically now, I find myself in the other side. I am desperately wishing that a lovely Recruiter will take a shine to me and will decide to help!!!!!

Also, this week I have been to the The New York Public Library career center. They offer free advice, workshops and loads of information about different industries. It is worth having a look if you are in the job hunting process in NY. The address: 188 Madison Ave at 34th St; 212-592-7000.





Just need a direction :)


Hope I will have good news very soon!!!! Can't stand being just a housewife anymore :(

I am sure the best thing is going to happen in the end.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Love,

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment