Thursday, March 29, 2012

NYC - cupcakes' capital of the world!!!!

Cupcakes follow you everywhere in New York. Even the Sex and The City tours started having a stop at Magnolia Bakery. They are cute, delicious, yummy, go beautifully with a coffee or tea. It is just so hard to resist!!!
In order to experience what this cupcake city has to offer, I decided to start my own cupcake rating system :) Just have to make sure I keep hitting the gym nearly everyday, otherwise I will become a balloon with so many cupcakes!!!
Here we go:

1. Little Cupcake Bakeshop - These have been my favorite so far. They have a very wide selection of different cupcakes!!! You can find them in 3 different addresses: 30 Prince Street, 9102 Third Avenue
Brooklyn and inside Bergdorf Goodman. Believe me, to be inside BG, they have to be very good!!!!

2.  Baby Cakes - Dairy and Gluten free and natural/healthy cupcakes (if possible at all! lol) -  The location on Lower East Side is so cute and vintage. Since I saw a post on Garance Dore's blog about Baby Cakes' owner (see here) the name was stuck in my mind. Wandering in the Lower East Side I finally found it and had my first and unforgettable Baby Cakes cupcake. When you order you cupcake they ask if you have any allergies. Brilliant!!! 248 Broome Street
 
3. Eleni's -   This has to be one of the most tempting shops. The presentation is so beautiful. The cookies make beautiful gifts as well for all sorts of occasions. It is located inside Chelsea Market (75 Ninth Avenue) and on 1266 Madison Ave (between 90th and 91st).

4. Magnolia Bakery  - Definitely the most famous by far for out-of -towners and Sex and The City addicted. To be honest I expected much more from Magnolia Bakery. It is very good, but not that amazing comparing to many others. They are all over the place....401 Bleecker Street, inside Bloomingdale's, 1240 Avenue of Americas (Rockefeller Center), 200 Columbus Avenue, and Grand Central Terminal. 

5. Dean and Deluca - In spite of not having cupcakes as a speciality, I loved the Banana with Nutella cupcake I had at Dean and Deluca. So yummy!!!!!! Plus the amazing cappuccino (one of my favorites so far...). They have 6 different location in NYC: Soho 560 Broadway at Prince Street, One Rockefeller Plaza (between 5th and 6th Ave.), 1150 Madison Ave (At 85th Street), 620 8th Ave Retail Space B,  235 West 46th Street (Between 7th & 8th Ave) and 156 West 56th St.

6. The Buttercup Bakeshop - It is very tiny and located in Midtown Eats, where we were staying as soon as moved to NYC. I can say I started my cupcake experiences in the city there as it was so close to our flat. Such lovely cakes! 973 2nd Avenue (Between 51st and 52nd Streets)

7. Burgers and Cupcakes - No it is not a joke. There is really a place called burgers and cupcakes in this city!!! lol Very healthy, I know. It happens to be very close to my flat, and I had a lovely marble cupcake with peanut butter that was out of this world!!!! The burgers were not bad either. 458 9th Ave (36th St. & 9th Ave.)   

Having cupcake craving feeling now!!!! lol I am sure this cupcake list will get longer and longer as there is still so many cupcakes to try :)

Hope you enjoy! If you have any tips about cupcake places in NYC, please let me know!

Love xxx


Magnolia Bakery

Baby Cakes

Baby Cakes

Baby Cakes

Dean and Deluca
Little Cupcake Bakeshop
Little Cupcake Bakeshop
Little Cupcake Bakeshop

Little Cupcake Bakeshop



Elenis







Buttercup Cake Shop

2 comments: