Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mermaid Parade at Coney Island

The Mermaid Parade takes place every year in Coney Island. It usually happens late June. This year it happened on my birthday (June 23rd)! Since we moved to New York, we talked about going to visit Coney Island. The best thing is that you can take the subway all the way from Manhattan. In our case, we took the train in Herald Square (where Macy's is located took us nearly 45min). You can use any of the yellow or orange lines for the bargain of 2.25USD each way. You can't complain, can you?
The Mermaid Parade exists since 1893 and attracts a large crowd of people in search of some fun. The day was glorious and we fun we had!!!!!
When in Coney Island, you need to have a hot dog at Nathan's. The famous Hot Dog Eating Contest happens there every July 4th (in fact, it happened yesterday).
There were quite a few naked mermaids too... Oh dear...
Overall, I would definitely go back to go to the beach. The water is very cold though!!!!! The place is so tacky it becomes cult in my opinion.
I am sure you have seen this amusement park in some movie before. It is just so iconic!!!!!
Hope you enjoy :) xxxx























1 comment:

  1. Aw, where is the mermaid? I haven't seen any mermaid? Just joking. I think the little girls are super cute on their custome. I love the little umbrella and their two piece swimwear. Recently, I have seen the sale item of lace hipster panties and I think I will purchase it. A some kind of lacey collection for this coming summer is cute.

    ReplyDelete