Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy July 4th + Hubby's Bday @ Hotel Americano

July 4th happens to be my husband's birthday as well. As it was our first July 4th in the US, we wanted to find out what all the fuss was about. And of course, I wanted him to feel special with the fireworks I had prepared specially for him lol ;-)
I was amazed how people embrace the date and with the amount of people on the streets.
On our way to Hotel Americano, where I had made a reservation for dinner, we were shocked to see the queue for the lifts in our building. As many flats have a great view of the Hudson river, it was a perfect place for house parties whilst watching the fireworks. One of our neighbours was giving a party and she said people were queuing up for 35 minutes in the lobby to get a lift!!!!!
Anyways, we had a lovely time at La Piscine at Hotel Americano. The hotel is quite new and we could see some of the fireworks from the roofdeck. In spite of the chaos, the service was amazing :) The views of Manhattan skyline are breathtaking as well.
We will indeed go back with friends for drinks, brunch and whatever else!!!!!
It was a very unforgettable experience indeed :)
Hope you enjoyed! xxxxx


Hotel Americano:518 West 27th Street  New York, NY 10001









View from the bar with the Empire State in the background
The smallest swimming pool I have ever seen in my life. Nevertheless a very stylish one.
The fireworks
View from our flat. What a beautiful evening!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I really enjoyed reading through your blog posts on Memyselfandnyc.blogspot.com. I got a real sense of enthusiasm and passion in each post. Actually, I run Travelingtripster.com, a blog about my travel experiences. If you’re interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Just shoot me quick a e-mail and we can begin this potentially exciting affiliation together. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm Nayara. Just found your blog! And just loved this post about the 4th of July. I'm also brazilian and I've been to NYC last July (And New Jersey too.. And i was amazed by such incredible fireworks, organization.. and this and that!

    http://thebermudezinamerica@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete