Friday, February 10, 2012

How the blog was born...

Well, I have always enjoyed writing to myself. For most of my life I have kept diaries and for some time in my early 20's, even managed to have a fotolog where I wrote about what was going on in my life during those crazy years. Writing for me is a way to understand myself and I find quite inspiring to look back at some of my memories to work out the direction life has led me to and how much I have evolved as a person.
What I know is that so far, life has been truly crazy and incredible!!!!!!!! Of course, full of ups and downs, as it is to everyone else - but thank God more ups than downs :):):) In the end of the day, the main thing for me is being healthy and having a very good family structure with plenty of love. Everything else is just a state of mind. You choose your paths and your thoughts. I always find that the more positive I am, the better everything else becomes. I believe it starts with the small things such as saying sorry, thank you, please, treating people well, regardless of how much they have in their bank account !!!!! And always having a smile on your face. It surely does come back to you.
Talking about love and coming back to you, during these first 2 months in NYC, I have had 2 very special visitors: my parents during Christmas and my beloved sister only 2 weeks ago. When my parents came, everything was pretty much new. We were still living in the accommodation provided by my husband's company, waiting for the shipping company to deliver our stuff and also trying to buy essential things for the new flat such as dining table, chair, sofa, appliances, etc
When my sister came recently, we were much more settled in our new life and this subject of being nice towards other people and avoiding negative thoughts was a current topic of our endless chats over these 2 weeks. Therefore, I was quite happy when I woke up today and saw on my facebook that a friend had posted this great video The happy secret to better work talking exactly about what we had discussed in the last days. The more positive you are, the more positive life becomes to you :):):) We have to feel lucky and blessed for everyday. For having people we love in our lives and for having the opportunity to love and to give the best in us without expecting return.
As I have been feeling quite lonely in my new life in NYC (my husband is working most of the time and I can't work yet), my sister put this idea in my mind that I should write about it. She knows how writing makes me feel good! Besides, the fascination NYC has on many people around the world could be a great source for posts + new ways to try to live and understand this city better. The beauty of cities like London and New York is that no matter how many times you have been to them, you will still have things to do and see. Both cities are always evolving and dazzling people from every corner of the world. Welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment